Read instructions carefully and set down to work!!
DEADLINE: December 1 2017
Prepare a presentation in google presentaciones and share it with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 Tudor Monarchs
- Who was the first Tudor King? How did he gain the throne? (1 slide)
- Which two families participated in the war of the Roses? How long was it? Was it international or civil? Explain (2 slides)
tudor monarchs (this site will help you understand all Tudor Queens and Kings)
2. Henry VIII
- Describe Henry VIII (1 slide)
- Why did Henry break relations with Rome? Explain in your own words how powerful the church was at that time? (1 slide)
- Why did he have 6 wives? Who were they and what happened to them? Who is your favourite? Why? (2 slides)
3. Elizabeth I
- Who was Elizabeth I? What religion did she follow? (1 slide)
- Golden Age of English History: Why is this time in history called the golden age? How is the mind of people starting to change? Find a source to account for this question. (1 slide)
- Francis Drake and Walter Raleigh. Who were them? Why were they important for Elizabeth´s reign? (1 slide)
5. The Spanish Armada
Read the poem and find relations to the topic of the Spanish Armada. Give reasons quoting from the poem. (1 slide)
The Spanish Armada.
Sailors, men of England, this day is for our Queen
we fight the French and Spanish foe, to save our land of green.
A great Armada, sails the waves, to kill us they will try
but we will stand unconquered, beneath Britannia’s sky.
Some will live and some will die, this is your sacred vow
be brave, stand tall and fearless, the time to fight is now.
Aboard the ship Revenge, your duty lies today
against the King of Spain, we free men have our say.
Elizabeth our regal Queen, has summoned us to fight
and we shall be victorious, before the fall of night.
For families and loved ones, we fight to save our land
of England we will tell them, united we now stand.
So come brave men, the hour awaits, the enemy now seen
We fight for god and country, for England and our Queen.
6. When Elizabeth died, she had no heirs. So who became King? Explain the Gunpowder Plot (2 slides)
7. Take your time to read about Charles I. Was he a good King? Give reasons. How did he end? (1 slide)
8. Who was Oliver Cromwell? Was he a King of England? Why did some people support him and some others not? (2 slides)
9. In your opinion who was the best King or Queen? Choose one and give reasons for your choice. (1 slide)
Remember to use phrases to give your opinion and to throw evidence on the light of your opinion.
10. Glossary: Make a list of words you have learnt and write the meaning.
Please, don’t do copy and paste! Use your own words. If you want to use new words, look them up in the dictionary and write them in the glossary.Those who do not hand in will have to do it and send it to me in February but also they will have an oral exam.
For the final mark, the following points will be taken into account:
-Clear answers and explanations
-Sources: pictures or testimonies (say where you took them from: write the webpage or the title of the book)
-Correct use of language